What do you feel?
What/whom/where do you turn?
Do you have any anchors you carry with you? Any little rituals that you are drawn to? Ways of being?
Patanjali who wrote the Yoga Sutra writes about two qualities we need to cultivate to ensure we are indeed practising Yoga; steadiness and ease.
I feel like anchors, or rituals can be tools used to take us close to a sense of what Patanjali wrote about in the Yoga Sutras, steadiness and ease. Not just reserved for a cute boat pose on the mat, or a Virabhadrasna 2.
What about considering that Patanjali also meant that steadiness and ease were qualities for your entire life. School pick ups, traffic jams, difficult conversations, exams, gardening, cooking! All of it.
Steadiness and ease. To put effort in, to ensure you have a sense of ease, to cultivate these two qualities any time, all the time.
When we have a sense of these two qualities, we might remember:
- Oh yes, I need to lie down, physically soften and gently breathe
- Lighting a candle reminds me to be steady like a flame
- Moving my physical body helps me to feel these qualities
- Putting a little altar beside my bed prompts me to smile
- Milk & honey, yes, nice before bed time.
Just some little thoughts.
Love to know what you think?