I've got a secret. I'm doing a 40 Day Practice. Its not a 40 killer asana practice, its more about bringing into fruition, modern day lingo is Manifesting, a vision I have.
And I'm loving it.
I've done practices before, and they end up being practices that weigh heavy on me. I feel like I'm almost set up for failure, it becomes something that is a burden rather than something fun, that I look forward to.
Its called the Vision program. Its 40 days of supported practices. Its on line, its week by week and there is also a Facebook support page. I'm into week 3 and I'm feeling the support and love of the lady thats running it and also the other 22 women in the program. Yes, for chicks only!
Here's what I have learned so far:
1. My mind can make up some crazy s**t that tries to stop me from doing whats good for me.
2. Making it a Daily Devotion rather than a Daily Discipline has made it so much more fun.
3. I'm making small changes during my day, that are lining up with my vision. Its not intentional, its more coming into alignment with this vision of mine.
4. I'm really enjoying learning Yoga techniques that I already knew, but in a new format. Yoga is so very broad in terms of its teachings.
5. A lot of what I am learning here I have been discussing with my teacher and mentor Rama Dasa from http://www.rockyoursoul.info. That pleases me as its almost like I'm learning this material from a different angle, which probably relates to point 4.
So, how are you going with any New Year plans? Are you lining things up? How has 2014 affected how you will look at 2015?
Take a peek!