I am so excited!
I worked out I've taught over 1,000 general Yoga classes, since I graduated my Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in 2010. From gyms, to studios, from backyards to beaches, there I am with Yoga!
The learning that I have done with my beloved teachers has given me so much love for Yoga, that I feel I'm ready to pass it on, in my own unique way. As many of you know I do love my coffee.. and my yoga. So many ideas come to me, when I pause, with a coffee, pen and notebook. It seems like a simple recipe for "downloading".
Out of that combination, sprung The Coffee Sessions. My intention is for this to be a fun way to dive into us, working together to build a great yoga practice for you. One that you could do at home, or on holidays, or just out and about. And one of the best things about a Yoga practice is that there's so many great paths to Yoga! We will determine where your interest lies, what you'd like to dive into, and at the end of our session I will go away with this information and formulate a practice for you, designed by me, with what LIGHTS you UP, practices that INSPIRE you, that ANCHOR you! That you will WANT TO DO!
So I'm making forms, and getting very clear on our process.
Be in touch soon!
Happy New Year to you!
I hope you've had a nice break in that period between Christmas and New Year, its a funny little pocket of time don't you think? I can't ever remember what day it is, what we have on, or much else really.
Thank you for being part of my Yoga community. Teaching, practising and writing about Yoga makes me feel so much joy.
Speaking of Joy, I hope this year brings you this feeling. As we sit or make a pocket of time to get clear on what we would like to get up to/do/complete/start this year, I think of a couple of things.
1. Contentment leads to unsurpassed Joy - from Yoga Sutra 2.42.
2. Comparison is the thief of Joy - this was a quote from Theodore Roosevelt.
This ties in very nicely with YOU (wishing here JOY was YOU back to front or something clever!).
So back onto the point. When you are happy and content with who you are, where you are, there's an opportunity to feel joyous. I'm not just writing this, try it, its a great practice and a real balm for our busy lives that are full of ways to improve/change/upgrade/uplevel our lives.
Next is comparison. Oh my gosh, how many ways do we compare our lives with others!! With such an information based culture, there's really no shortage of inspiration .... but watch it .... as it can be sneaky and turn into comparison. And that's not fun for anyone, as it takes away feelings of joy and happiness.
So, maybe if your looking for some inspiration for this year just take some time and turn INWARD. Yup, IN. Because only you know what truly lights you up, only you can say what feels right to you, and only you are responsible for you.
Here's a little practice for you if you'd like:
Take 10 mins to sit quietly, ideally in nature or your favourite seat.
Spine tall, hips heavy and just the teeniest smile, with palms down on your thighs.
Begin to notice your breath, because by turning your attention inward and focusing on your breath you begin to calm your mind (don't take my word, have a go!!)
And begin to turn your imagination toward JOY.
What brings you joy?
How can you do more of that?
Where are you when you feel joy?
And to complete this ask yourself:
What robs me of joy?
Maybe who robs you of joy?
And think about things like: rushing?
Too much socialising (yes from me here, feeling delightfully fried!!)
And then perhaps make an intention to turn toward joy more in 2018.
You might like to journal after this if anything came up, or write notes in your phone, or reminders even. Up to you.
See you soon.
Smells! Oh the joy of scent. It has the potential to change your mood in a couple of minutes.
So on the approach to Christmas with so much to do, I decided today to close up the house and light candles, burn my Palo Santo stick and put a few drops on incense on my pillow. But yes, not all at once! Haha.
Our sense of smell can flip a worried mind on its head... so to speak!
Here's a couple of ideas for your home over the Christmas break:
1. Candles - small ones, big ones. Light them and begin to feel yourself unwind. Put one in the bathroom and run a relaxing bath, maybe place one beside your bed and create a little oasis with a great book. Tuck yourself in early and call it a night. Current favourites are Fig and Fennel and Maison Balzac. So good!
2. Palo Santo - I was given a stick of this at my very cute boutique up the road, Cherry Blossom. Its lovely to burn for a bit, blow out the flame and then inhale the scent of what I call "a walk in the forest". Its so gorgeous and very chilling.
3. Incense - my absolute favourite is Bodha Modern Wellness. They make smokeless incense sticks and you can choose from: Ground, Calm and Relax. They are TO DIE FOR.
4. Essential Oils - I like Doterra and the Perfect Potion. With oils I like to blend a few oils, and pop it in my diffuser or a few drops on my pillow or ... yes but wait there's more .... on the soles of your feet. Yup! Really.
5. Fragrant Oils - my absolute favourite are the offerings from Ayu. Check them out, they are divine and have their roots in Ayurveda. Warning, they are so good you might not ever buy another commercial perfume. Oh and another warning, you will have so many compliments that you'll feel more beautiful than you already are!
Hope you enjoyed this! Use your sense of smell, and relax.