We were focusing on the Kidney Meridians in our Yin Yoga Classes. The Kidney Meridian is associated with will power & ambition. This is an upward kind of energy! A kind of "Up & Go" if you like. But like the Yogi's knew, we must keep it steady, we must remember to reinvest some of our energy and not spend it like a Kardashian spending spree (insert laugh or smile here).
It all begins to link itself together as the line of energy associated with the Kidney, runs up the front of the body. Now if you think about it, that makes sense, to have our up and go, we are using much of the front body... even to walk, we go forward.
So, backing up to the Kidneys and their relationship with will power and ambition, if we want to get things happening, we need ... stamina. We need to be in for the long haul so we don't run out of steam, so our cup is not empty when we get close to completion.
In essence, we want to keep our "Sparkle Steady". So here's a few tips and ideas:
- Get enough sleep
- Practice calm steady even breathing - 10 mins.
- Plan with priorities. Don't say yes to everything, keep some time for being spontaneous and for harvesting your own goals and dreams.
- Weave into your days things you enjoy (e.g. reading, writing, anything creative)
- Do a few sun saluates to keep the good oil circulating in your body.
- Extended Mantra work, "My Steady Sparkle", write down a list of things that make you sparkle under that heading and read it errrrry morning. You begin to reaffirm to yourself these points/goals and you can then begin to live into them. You may start to shuffle things around, and things might drop off your list after time. Keep it loose enough that it has room go grow and evolve, like you.