Smells! Oh the joy of scent. It has the potential to change your mood in a couple of minutes.
So on the approach to Christmas with so much to do, I decided today to close up the house and light candles, burn my Palo Santo stick and put a few drops on incense on my pillow. But yes, not all at once! Haha.
Our sense of smell can flip a worried mind on its head... so to speak!
Here's a couple of ideas for your home over the Christmas break:
1. Candles - small ones, big ones. Light them and begin to feel yourself unwind. Put one in the bathroom and run a relaxing bath, maybe place one beside your bed and create a little oasis with a great book. Tuck yourself in early and call it a night. Current favourites are Fig and Fennel and Maison Balzac. So good!
2. Palo Santo - I was given a stick of this at my very cute boutique up the road, Cherry Blossom. Its lovely to burn for a bit, blow out the flame and then inhale the scent of what I call "a walk in the forest". Its so gorgeous and very chilling.
3. Incense - my absolute favourite is Bodha Modern Wellness. They make smokeless incense sticks and you can choose from: Ground, Calm and Relax. They are TO DIE FOR.
4. Essential Oils - I like Doterra and the Perfect Potion. With oils I like to blend a few oils, and pop it in my diffuser or a few drops on my pillow or ... yes but wait there's more .... on the soles of your feet. Yup! Really.
5. Fragrant Oils - my absolute favourite are the offerings from Ayu. Check them out, they are divine and have their roots in Ayurveda. Warning, they are so good you might not ever buy another commercial perfume. Oh and another warning, you will have so many compliments that you'll feel more beautiful than you already are!
Hope you enjoyed this! Use your sense of smell, and relax.